Workstem scheduling module looks simple but is highly flexible and very powerful.
When it comes to employee shifts, Workstem supports:
- Different employees assigned to different shifts and different locations
- One employee, multiple work locations in one day
- One work location, multiple shifts and different assigned employees to each shift
- Overnight shifts
- Lunch break
When it comes to internal workflow, Workstem supports:
- Separate workflow steps for assigning and confirming shifts – supports shift scheduling by each department supervisor/manager and then approval by general manager or HR before sending to employees
- Check employee workforce based on work location after publishing shifts; adjust shifts and manpower at any time
- Real-time syncing of shifts on employee apps – no need to send roster tables anymore!
Workstem can achieve the above workflow and processes by utilising the functions below:
1. Quick overview using the "Scheduling Table"
- Quickly show the current week and employee list
- Directly add/edit/delete any shift on the scheduling table
- Bulk assign shifts to employees in one-go
- Filter shifts based on work location, department, or position
- Export shifts as Excel file
2. Set up "Shift Templates" for frequently used shifts
- Use shift templates to quickly create shifts – saving you time doing repetitive tasks
- One-tap shift assignment on the supervisor mobile app
3. Bulk update shifts in "Scheduling Overview"
- Export and edit shifts using Excel then import into Workstem once ready
- Bulk delete unnecessary / outdated shifts
4. Manage shifts on-the-go with the "Supervisor App"
- Allow your supervisors / managers to manage their direct reports' working schedules. We have prepared this article that you can send to your department supervisors / managers for them to quickly get started.
5. Check assigned shifts using the "Staff App"
- Once everything is set up including working shifts, notify your employees to check their shifts on the staff app.