When checking the attendance records of your employees, you might find some having "Absent" statuses as well as 0 calculated total working hours. You will wonder why that is the case even when the employees have clock in/out records.
This guide will explain all the reasons why that might happen.
1. Invalid Clock In/Out Records Due to Location
Possible reasons why:
- You didn't assign a working location to the employee.
- Employees are not within the GPS perimeter so our app will treat that as a "Field Work" record
Read More: GPS Clock In/Out Setup Guide
In the above scenarios, employee's attendance will be identified as "Field Work" by the system.
How to check if there are any [Field Work] attendance records:
Method 1: Employees log into the Staff App and check if there's any [Field Work] status on his/her clock-in/out records.
Method 2: Supervisors log into the Supervisor App and check if there's any [Field Work] status on employees' clock in/out records.
Method 3: HR checks it in the web portal
Go to [Attendance] > [Overview], select an employee
Find the days with "Absent" status, click [View Records]
Check if the clock in/out status is "Field Work" under the clock-in/out column
To avoid field work caused by location problem, you can refer to this article
2. Invalid Clock In/Out Records Due to Time
Possible reasons why:
- The employee clocked in but forgot to clock out or vice versa.
- Employee clocked in before the [Clock In Open Time].
- Employee clocked out after [Clock Out Close time].
Read More: How to Customise Attendance Rules?
How to check if an invalid clock in/out is due to time?
After you confirm that there's no "field work" in employee's clock in/out records, you can go into the web portal and check.
Go to [Attendance] > [Overview], select an employee and click on [View].
Step 2 - Scenario 1: Clocked in but forgot to clock out or vice versa.
Find the days with "Absent" status and check if there's only 1 record and missing the other one.
Step 2 - Employee clocked in before the [Clock In Open Time] or clocked out after the [Clock Out Close Time]
Once you confirm that there are both clock in and clock out records, go to [Company] > [Location] > Edit > [Attendance Rules], check if the employee clocked in/out within the valid time range
After confirming the above scenarios, here are some solutions for you to achieve the correct attendance calculation (total working hours).
Solution 1: Manually Adjust Working Hours
In the attendance details page, you can adjust working hours manually.
Solution 2: Compensate for Working Hours by Applying for a Timesheet
- [Staff App] Employees can request to compensate for working hours via a timesheet application.
- [Web] HR helps employees add a timesheet on the web.