How to Submit a New Timesheet Request
Login in to the Staff App and find "Timesheet" > click [+ Timesheet]
Input the details of your request:
- Type: Overtime or Compensatory time
- Overtime Category: Select working overtime on weekdays, rest days, or Statutory holidays. It is only shown when 【Overtime】 is chosen in 「Type」
- Overnight Shift: Check the box only when you work on a night shift
- Date: Choose the day that need to be compensated
- Start Time: Start time of your work
- End Time: End time of your work (If you checked the box for "Overnight Shift", the end time will be on the next day
- Duration: Workstem will calculate the duration (in hours) according to start time and end time automatically
- Reason: the reason why you have to apply for this timesheet
- Work Location: where do you work overtime
- Shift Item: You can choose the actual shift schedule item
- Upload: Workstem supports adding photo attachment as proof on your timesheet requests. You can turn on your camera to take photos directly or select one from your saved photos. The photo can be for supervisor's reference when he or she approves the timesheet. For example, if I clocked in today, but it shows that I am on field work (Workstem will not include this in attendance calculation), here I can take a screenshot of me in my working environment and upload it as attachment.
- Choose Approver: Workstem will choose your direct supervisor as the default approver. If you need other people to help in the approval, you can click [Add] and choose people from the staff list. You can choose multiple approvers and the sequence of approvers is in line with your selected sequence. If there's a mistake, you can delete it and choose again.
Check the Approval Status
If you want to know if the previous timesheet application has been approved:
Go to "More" > "Timesheet Application" > Timesheet Application List
Cancel Timesheet Application
The timesheet request you submitted can be cancelled if:
- For Compensatory Timesheets, you cancel it before the supervisor approves it. If your supervisor has approved it, you need to ask your HR/administrator to cancel it on the back end.
- For Overtime Timesheets, you can cancel it anytime regardless of whether it is approved or not. You just need to get into the detail page of the timesheet and click [Cancel]. The record will be kept after cancellation, and the status will turn to "Cancelled".
Checking Past Timesheets
There are three ways to look up the past timesheets:
1. Look up all past records: Go to [More] > [Timesheet Application]. There's a filter function on the upper right hand corner for you to conveniently find the timesheet you're looking for.
2. Look up a specific day's record:
- Go to [Timesheet] > Select a Date, the bottom part will show shifts, clock in/out records, as well as timesheets (OT & compensatory).
- Go to [Timesheet] > Tap on [List] to turn into list mode > select a specific date, you will see all timesheet records (OT & compensatory).