Why Do You Need to Add Positions?
- Inside employee profiles, if you want to set their positions from the dropdown list, you have to create the positions here first.
- When doing your day-to-day operations (checking shifts, attendance data, leave, payroll, etc.), you can always filter by positions.
- When doing bulk settings like scheduling shifts and exporting reports, you can filter by positions to quickly filter out the desired data for processing.
Note ⚠️ :
If you only want to quickly test out Workstem or if your company doesn't need positions at all, then you can skip this step and come back when the need arises.
Some Preparation Work Before You Start
- If you plan to invite all your employees to use Workstem, you can prepare a complete list of all positions first.
- If you need to invite a few specific employees to use Workstem, you can prepare these employees' list of positions.
How to Add Positions?
Under "Company > Position", click on "+New".
Fill in the "Position" (required) and "Code" (optional) then click "Save".
You have successfully added a new position! It should now show up on the list.