In short, 【Leave Type】 is all leave types that employees can enjoy. This is the first part to set well.
There are 10 built-in common leave types in the system: Work Injury Leave, Full Paid Sick Leave, Compensation Leave, Paternity Leave, Sick Leave, Maternity Leave, Marriage Leave, No Pay Leave, Annual Leave and Sick Leave (5/4 consecutive days).
Notice⚠️：whether leave type name is in Chinese or in English is decided by - 【Company】- Basic Information - Preset Data Language. If the Preset Data Language is Chinese, the leave type here should be in Chinese. If the Preset Data Language is English, the leave type here should be in English. You can adjust based it on your preference.
Company - Preset Data Language:
Preset Data Language in Chinese:
Preset Data Language in English:
If you need some leave types which are not in the system, you can add in by clicking 【+ Add】.
Click【+ Add】on the upper right hand corner > finish relevant settings in the page 【New-Leave Type】> Click 【Save】
Relevant Settings Details:
- Name: self-defined name, to help you distinguish leave both in Chinese and in English
- Leave Code: English abbreviation, to help the system to mark this leave type
- Unit: decide this leave type is calculated by day or by hour
- Paid Leave: decide this leave type is paid leave or no pay leave. If it is paid leave, switch it on to blue; If it is no pay leave, switch it off to grey.
Notice ⚠️: The settings here will influence payroll calculation result. If you set leave type as no pay leave, the system will deduct salary automatically after the employee applied for this leave type. If you also use our payroll function, please make sure all settings here are completely accurate.
- Applicable by Employees?: Switching it on to blue represents employees can apply for this leave type. Switching it off to grey represents this leave type can only be seen and operated by HR.
- Leave Balance Calculation Formula: There are 5 major calculation formulas
- Unlimited Leave: the leave type without specific quota, such as no pay leave and work injury leave,etc.
- One-time Leave: the leave type that the system will generate leave quota only for one time when the employee joined in the company (the leave quota will not be generated by month or by year automatically). This calculation method is applicable for leave types such as maternity leave, marriage leave, paternity leave, compensation leave, and Jury Duty Leave, etc.
- Calculation Based on Length of Service: this calculation method supports leave types with leave quota increasing year by year, for example, the annual leave.
- Fixed Yearly/Monthly Quota: it's applicable for company's extra welfare leave, such as paid sick leave, birthday leave, company anniversary, etc. There's a fixed quota for every month/year.
- Lasted Sick Leave: it's only applicable for the calculation of sick leave (>= 4 consecutive days). The system set the leave policy with fixed quota and it cannot be edited manually.
- For detailed settings of special leave types such as sick leave, you can refer to Settings of Special Leave Types
- Here is just for basic setting of leave type. As for leave quota generation, you need to make settings in Leave Policy
- The 10 system built-in leave types may cannot match your practical need, you can make adjustment according to you company policy one by one.
After you added or adjusted all needed leave types, you can start Second step of Leave setting: Determine Leave Policy.