What to do if the employee doesn't have a valid email address
When creating employee profiles, you need to input a valid email address for each employee. In the system, email address is used:
1. As the account name and a unique identifier for each employee.
2. To receive verification codes when employees forget their passwords or haven't set passwords but changed mobile numbers.
Therefore, it is necessary for each employee to have a valid email address input in the system.
If an employee doesn't have a valid email address, HR can register a Gmail account to manage all employees without valid email addresses.
The HR Gmail account can help all employees create a virtual mailbox for logging in Workstem. When employees need an email verification code, they can contact HR to obtain it. We suggest that the following methods be used for unified management of employees:
Step 1 Prepare a list of email alias for employee without email address
As an administrator, you can create an alternate email address (email alias) for a user so they can send and receive emails from another address. You can add up to 30 email aliases for each user at no extra cost. Examples of email aliases can be (Companyxxxfirstname.lastname@example.org, Companyxxxemail@example.com... Companyxxxfirstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 2 Send verification mail via email alias and activate the account
1. The company's HR/administrator uses an existing Gmail account or creates a new Gmail account (e.g. Companyxxx@gmail.com), this account will be used as the primary email address to receive all employee verification codes and used as the user email address for [users] and HR/ administrator in employee profiles.
2. When creating profiles, input the email addresses with the format as: “main account name” & “+” & “Staff ID/Other identifier”&“@gmail.com” for each
employee. (e.g. Companyxxxemail@example.com, Companyxxxfirstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Employees use these accounts to log in and use the system by obtaining the verification code through the App. If necessary, HR/ administrator can collect verification codes for employees through the main email (Companyxxx@gmail.com) and notify employees.
4. You can see that the verification code obtained through Companyxxx+001@gmail can also be received by the main email address Companyxxx@gmail.com.
5. Enter the verification code and log in to the system. The system automatically switches to the Change Password page to help you set a Password.
Note⚠️: Employees can use their phone numbers to verify and log in to the App, but they still have to enter their email addresses for their account names when logging in.